Protect your land; protect your livelihood

Did you know we can visit your farm or smallholding in the Southwest and Wales, providing you with a dedicated adviser? We’ll explain the ‘ins and outs’ of agricultural cover and insurance terminology linked to it, and help you understand your policy’s terms and conditions. We also help around risk management, which can enable us to source cost-effective agricultural insurance including liability insurance, on your behalf. And our dedicated team deal with claims swiftly and efficiently, supporting you throughout the whole process.

One of our advantages is we have a wide range of farm insurers which means we can select the appropriate insurer for each client. Whether you’re looking for flexible insurance or competitively priced policies, we’ve got you covered.

Who do we provide agricultural insurance for?

At Lloyd & Whyte Community Broking, no farm is too large or too small. We can provide insurance for:

  • Family Farms
  • Country Estates
  • Dairy & Beef
  • Arable
  • Organic
  • Diversified
  • Owner Farmers
  • Tenant Farmers
  • Smallholdings
  • Agricultural Contracting

What types of Agricultural Insurance do we offer?

Home Insurance
We can provide Home Insurance which also covers you for Personal Legal Expenses around common issues such as Employment Pursuit, Criminal Defence, Tax Protection, Personal Injury and Shotgun & Firearm Certificate Protection.

Farm Property
Cover for farm buildings and farm contents, including agricultural machinery, office equipment, produce and deadstock, boundary structures (walls, gates, fences and hedges) and commercially grown timber.

Employers Liability
Designed to cover you for illness, injury, death, or disease to an employee for which you as the employer could be held responsible. Agricultural Wages Compensation is a useful add-on which can cover the cost of wages paid to an employee who is sick or injured.

Public & Produce Liability
Insures you for accidental injury to the public or their property, and accidental damage or injury to property caused by products you have supplied.

Loss of Revenue Insurance
If your livestock is damaged or lost, standard livestock insurance will cover you for the cost of the livestock on the day that they were lost or damaged. But often, livestock cannot be replaced the same day and if for example, you need to wait until the next lambing season, you could lose a significant amount of revenue. Loss of Revenue Insurance covers the loss of profit you could incur from losing livestock or property.

Goods in Transit
This type of insurance is usually inexpensive and can cover the cost of loss or damage to your property, including livestock and produce whilst being transported from one location to the next.


We provide policies that cover damage to livestock feeding mechanisms, milking systems, and electronic equipment and events linked to farm animals and livestock, including:

  • Fire
  • Vehicle Impact
  • Malicious Damage
  • Theft & Unexplained Disappearance
  • Transit
  • Worrying (dogs chasing sheep and cows, etc.)

Agricultural & farming vehicles

We insure farming vehicles for Comprehensive cover, Third Party Fire & Theft, Third Party and the cost of replacing a vehicle. Your cover can include insurance for various drivers of your farming vehicles should they be involved in an accident. If you own a smaller farming enterprise, we’re happy to cover one or a small number of vehicles.

We can help with covering the costs of damage to the following types of agricultural vehicles:

  • Tractors, Trailers & Implements
  • Private Cars & Pick-Ups
  • Quad Bikes & Combine Harvesters
  • Diggers & Dumpers

Diversified farming

You might choose to adapt your farm to a range of activities, which can include:

  • Pheasant Shooting & Game Bird Rearing
  • Horse Livery & Equestrian Activities
  • Camping, Holiday Lets & B&B
  • Educational Purposes & Agricultural Contracting
  • Renewable Energy: Wind Turbines & Solar Panels

Risk management schemes

According to the UK Government’s Health and Safety Executive (HSE), agriculture has the worst fatality rate of all main industry sectors in the UK. Data shows that people are 21 times more likely to be killed in a workplace accident on a farm, compared to other industry sectors.1

The HSE are conducting 440 visits to farms across England, Wales and Scotland to check that farm owners and managers work in accordance with legal and compliance requirements.2 The visits will look at why and how the main causes of fatalities are linked to working around cattle, vehicle maintenance and operation, and falls from high structures.

We work in partnership with Atlas Safety Management, a local risk management company who have a thorough understanding of farming and associated risks. They offer a range of services including a complimentary consultation and a dedicated risk management expert who can advise on how to mitigate risks from fire to workplace injury. This in turn can help mitigate the risks of insurance claims and legal disputes.

Whichever way you diversify, we’re here to provide your businesses or extensions to your farming activities with a tailored policy (including buildings cover) designed to provide you with the appropriate insurance.

To book an on-site consultation or for further information on our Farming & Agricultural Insurance, please get in touch with our team.

  1. ↩︎
  2. ↩︎

Share this Post: