Motor Trade Insurance
Motor Trade Insurance provides cover for a variety of automotive businesses. If your business and staff are looking after vehicles, you’ll need this motor-specific business insurance. What types of businesses are covered by motor trade insurance?
- Garages or mechanics offering MOTs, repair and servicing
- Vehicle sales businesses including multi-site dealerships and individual traders
- Breakdown & recovery
- Vehicle delivery firms (also known as trade plate insurance)
- Vehicle repair businesses
- Scrap yards & repossession businesses
- Collectors & restoration specialist businesses
- Car valet companies
- Vehicle parts & fittings
- What does motor trade insurance cover?
Most policies are split into two areas; Road Risks and Internal Risks. Road Risks covers loss or damage to vehicles that are transported on public highways in connection to your business. Internal Risks cover your premises, vehicles on site, stock, machinery, equipment, tools as well as business interruption and liability.